Burnt Greens with Eggs
The morning after a night around a campfire in the woods of Nagano, I woke up in the morning and take a deep breath in the nature. I rekindled the fire and looked for what food was left. There were snap peas, turnip, broccolini, and eggs, the inspiration for this recipe. Super simple, the special spice is nature: an open-air meal, surrounded by trees and greens.
- Olive oil
- Fresh greens, chopped
- Free-range eggs
- Salt & pepper
“I love the combination of egg and the flavour of grilled vegetables.”
- Sauté greens in olive oil till it gets color. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add eggs onto the greens making the eggs covers as much of the greens as possible.
- Wait for the eggs to cook. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
- Nanohana, kale and cabbage are interchangeable.
- To cook the eggs faster you can put a lid on the pan. This will make the egg yolk white.